Friday 9 March 2012

How West London man turned £50 into a £650k a year business

 

How West London man turned £50 into a £650k a year business

WITH just £50 left in his pocket, Miros Bogdantsaliev was faced with a dilemma; hold onto the money or pour it all into promoting his fledgling handyman business.

Three years ago he set up Avalon Eco Cleaning and now with a client list of hundreds spanning both companies, Mr Bogdantsaliev is looking to expand by venturing into property management and architectural design.

It proved to be a critical decision as nine years later he is the managing director of Avalon Building nd decided I needed to do something about it.

The 37-year-old, said: "When I came to the UK it was very difficult getting work because I'm Bulgarian and at that time Bulgaria wasn't in the European Union so I wasn't permitted to work as an employee, I had to be self employed.

As he took on larger jobs and hired more help he also began turning a healthy profit, so just two years after the £50 dilemma, he registered the company.

In 2007/08, Avalon recorded a profit of £611,000 but then as the recession hit, Mr Bogdantsaliev - like everyone else - started to feel the pinch.

"It is extremely important to provide good customer service as you would like to make the client satisfied with the work that you do.

Through word of mouth, advertising and leafleting, the now father-of-two started to take on bigger projects, such as refurbishments, extensions and renovations. However when the recession started I felt it the next year when, for the first time, the profits went in decline, which was quite scary.

"I do not think of my achievements," he said, "I do things that I have to do, which is grow my business.

How West London man turned £50 into a £650k a year business



Trade News selected by Local Linkup on 09/03/2012

 

No comments:

Post a Comment